Hello Guest

Author Topic: PCI Photo ID (Trusted Member Card) Procedure. (TEMPORARILY NOT AVAILABLE)  (Read 18119 times)

Offline LightWave

• Administrator
  • Hero
(TEMPORARILY NOT AVAILABLE)

WORD FILE ATTACHED TO POST AT BOTTOM

The final card decided is a credit card size photo ID card which will be issued to verified members. You can obtain this ID without having to reveal personal details to the members of PCI. For example if you have an ID say "HotPixel" and want to be a trusted member, you can follow the steps outlined below and get the card. Your Forum Level will show "Trusted Member" but this does not imply that some additional personal details will get revealed to the community. Only that you are personally identified to the administrators and moderators.
Within the community this will be useful as one is more likely to communicate and enter into a deal with a trusted member.
The requirements laid down are as follows:
PCI Trusted Member ID Application:

Any registered member can apply for this card by following these steps:

1. Submit a scanned copy of a photo ID  (You can photograph the document and mail it in).*

2. Submit a scanned soft copy of proof of residence  (You can photograph the document and mail it in).**

3. Provide 2 other member names who can provide a reference for you. ***

*Photo ID: This can be any currently valid ID that has a photograph of you along with your name. Eg: Driving license, PAN Card, Employee ID Card, Photo Credit Card (please keep digits of credit card covered in case you are using that). Driving card, Employee ID card, election card or Aadhar card should be easy to share.

**Proof of Residence: This needs to contain your name as well as your residence address in full. Eg: Rental agreement, bank statement, card statement, telephone bill etc

*** Two References: These two members will need to attest to the following:

a) That they know you personally and have met with you physically (not virtually).

b) That the user id on the forum and the photo ID being submitted do indeed match to the same person.

If there is a problem getting two members who have physically met you, for example you live in a city where there are not many PCI members, you can PM one of us and explain the special situation and we will work a way to link the real ID to the forum ID.
All documents to be mailed in with all details to photographyclubofindia@gmail.com and send a PM to either Ayaz, VikramF or to me saying that you have mailed documents from so-an-so email address.

The cost of getting card printed and couriered to you has been worked out to Rs150/- per member. At a time minimum order which can be placed is 8 cards so as soon as queue of 8 applications is ready, all 8 will receive details of bank account where the money is to be sent. Order will be sent for printing as soon as all 8 applicants money has been received.

Please feel free to post any queries. Do not post your applications or personal details in reply to this thread. Communicate via email+pm for that purpose.
Thanking you and looking for this to be a big success.

Detailed Process:

Step 1: Speak with 2 references and get their agreement (remember that their membership and reputation is at stake here too).

Step 2: Submit scanned copies of Photo ID and Residence Proof along with two reference names to photographyclubofindia@gmail.com

Step 3: Moderators will verify details ? this might take up to 2 weeks depending on speed of replies from references

Step 4: Moderators will send you an email with either acceptance or rejection of application. The decision towards acceptance or rejection is final and not open to discussion. A rejected member may reapply after 1 month.

Step 5: In case of acceptance, you?ll need to make payment towards the card online. Details will be sent by email from which the application was received.

Step 6: Once payment is made, the card will be put into production and will be dispatched to the address you provided in your proof of residence.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2017, 11:22:41 PM by LightWave »

Offline Rakesh J.V

• Trusted Member
  • Loyalist
Re: PCI Photo ID (Trusted Member Card) Procedure.
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2014, 09:00:40 AM »
Done  :like:

Offline somnath goswami

• Trusted Member
  • Hero
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2014, 10:23:25 AM »
done ... :like:

Offline Subhadip

• Trusted Member
  • Hero
    • My Website
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2014, 10:27:24 AM »
Sent details...  :)
Mad about Nikon... :)

Offline Subhadip

• Trusted Member
  • Hero
    • My Website
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2014, 10:34:06 AM »
BTW how do we submit the photographs which will get printed in the card? Do we email it also?  :o Sorry if i have missed this details in the above post.

Offline VikramF

• Mentor
  • Manic
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2014, 10:36:32 AM »
BTW how do we submit the photographs which will get printed in the card? Do we email it also?  :o Sorry if i have missed this details in the above post.

Digital copies all. Just scan a passport sized photograph.
Vikram Franklin
98864 (PM me for the rest - I get strange calls)

Check out my FaceBook Photopage @
https://www.facebook.com/Photography.by.Vikram.Franklin

Offline Subhadip

• Trusted Member
  • Hero
    • My Website
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2014, 10:51:59 AM »

Digital copies all. Just scan a passport sized photograph.

Done... sent an updated email....  :)

Offline VikramF

• Mentor
  • Manic
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2014, 10:57:48 AM »
Submitting referee names: Please submit ONLY two. More than that and the application stops right there. These two referees will be taken to task if your id should ever prove to be false (even expulsion).

Please also provide both your user id and your full name in the application as they're not always the same.
Vikram Franklin
98864 (PM me for the rest - I get strange calls)

Check out my FaceBook Photopage @
https://www.facebook.com/Photography.by.Vikram.Franklin

Offline Subhadip

• Trusted Member
  • Hero
    • My Website
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2014, 11:04:56 AM »
Would recommend a detailed thread (locked). With all details....

Offline LightWave

• Administrator
  • Hero
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2014, 11:31:14 AM »
The applications received have some errors ... one has no references and others have more than 2. So which 2 should we pick. To make things easier ..... I have attached a Word File to the original Post. Please use this. If you have already sent in your documents, no need to resend those .... but please send the applications in prescribed format.

Thanks.

Offline Jasii

• Trusted Member
  • Hero
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2014, 12:11:47 PM »
Done!
Please intimate by PM if I have to resend the same again.
A Year young with my DSLR and loving it.........
Gear: Canon 600d + 18-55, +55-250

Offline dashillol

• Trusted Member
  • Hero
  • Learner by Choice
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2014, 05:58:46 PM »
Sent.....
A Nikon lover with few glasses, Nikon and Yongnuo speedlights, Benro tripod with ball-head and a few Hoya/Nikon/Marumi/Griffin filters

Offline aatifsumar

• Trusted Member
  • Regular
  • Amateur Shutterbug Who's Enjoying Making Mistakes
    • TheTechShepherd
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2014, 03:56:33 PM »
Sent my application!
Amateur Shutterbug Who's Enjoying Making Mistakes

Offline Bhooshan

• Rookie
« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2014, 12:18:19 AM »
Tremendous details and beautifully worded! A pat on the back to all involved to get this process rolling!

Offline LightWave

• Administrator
  • Hero
« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2014, 12:58:09 AM »
Tremendous details and beautifully worded! A pat on the back to all involved to get this process rolling!

Thanks Bhooshan. I should take the opportunity to state that this would not have been possible without the support of Vikram and Ayaz. A lot of communication via email and pm was needed to reach till this stage. Even now we have a corroboration setup to streamline the process. I'll surely visit Bangalore once to have a drink with Vikram. Ayaz is a teetotaller. So we just have an occasional tea or breakfast together.

PS: Sent in my application.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2014, 01:11:23 AM by LightWave »