Hello Guest

Author Topic: The unfolding of the ?Ladakh saga??????  (Read 3958 times)

Offline Jasii

• Trusted Member
  • Hero
The unfolding of the ?Ladakh saga??????
« on: August 16, 2014, 05:01:31 PM »
The unfolding of the ?Ladakh saga??????

The Preamble:

What started as a harmless joke on the forums of ?Photography Club of India? which we lovingly call as PCI is soon to become a reality, 4 unknowns to bind, to enter into wedlock of friendship  and create a trip of a lifetime. I?ll be honest and reluctantly admit, that there was a time, when I had nearly succumbed and wanted to back out, but, would like to convey heartfelt thanks to ?Somnath Goswami? from Kolkata, a good human being and an astute photographer who shamed me by emailing me his trip schedule aptly labeled: ? Solo Iterinary?. :P

The duo turned into a trio as the ?Nawab of Lucknow? as Rishabh is fondly called joined us. We soon became a foursome with Subhas Datta aka ?Blue?from Kolkata giving his assent, we nearly were on the verge of becoming the Famous Five had ?Binoy? not decided to opt out due to pressing official engagements.

A trip as colossal as this was bound to have problem areas, The iterinary that spanned well beyond a fortnight was  a  long period for those friends who could not get such an extended leave of absence from work, the financials at 40K per person also proved to be somewhat of a dampener for many. The transportation, the accommodation, were all logistical challenges that had to be met. But, challenge is the pathway to engagement and progress in our lives, ain?t it??  8). Strong beliefs in ourselves and the optimism within the group, ably fuelled by good wishes and ample bits of advice from the PCI brethren kept us on even keel. The good thing was, we had 4 months to plan this trip and to ensure that we came back ?trumps?with our smiles intact and a lifelong bonding between four new friends.

The net was amply researched, hundreds of docs were printed, phone calls to my friends in the army resulted in a plethora of useful information. I would here like to specially thank my very good friends: Col. Amitabh,  Col.Zahl and Col. Saneev for their invaluable help. ?Heartfelt Thank you guys!!?  A lot of useful info was obtained from the following sites: http://devilonwheels.com/, www.bcmtouring.com/, www.hivayking.in/ and www.indiamike.com/. Forums were scrounged for past Ladakh trips and points of interest along with declared pitfalls were duly noted. The D Day having come, Somanth  is to fly down from Kolkata to Delhi and rendezvous with Rishabh who would  take an overnight train and from my last telecom they were supposed to be clicking selfies at the IG Airport waiting for their onward flight to Srinagar. Subhas Datta would be flying from Delhi tomorrow ie the 17th of August and I would take the 5a.m bus for Pathankot  tomorrow and catch a train at 9.15 a.m for an onward 2 hour journey to Jammu Tawi where hopefully I should be in time to catch the 2.45 flight for Srinagar. I would be joined at the airport by Subhas who has graciously decided to wait for me even though I would land  good 20 minutes after him. Thank you Subhas!

The latest update The guys have landed in Srinagar safely and have checked into  a hotel facing the renowned dal Lake.

We for sure are going to do Confucius proud when he said: ?Wherever you go, go with  all your heart?

Cheers more to follow?????.

« Last Edit: August 16, 2014, 07:07:02 PM by Jasii »
A Year young with my DSLR and loving it.........
Gear: Canon 600d + 18-55, +55-250

Offline theqca

• Hero
    • Framed For Life
Re: The unfolding of the ?Ladakh saga??????
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2014, 08:14:48 PM »
Have fun guys :)

look forward to reading ur updates here in this post...do try and keep us updated with how things are going at ur end...a few lines daily would be much appreciated !
Nikon FM(black), Nikon FG, Nikon D700, Nikon FM(silver), Nikon FM10, Pentax Spotmatic, Zenith TTL, Minox Wetzlar, Agfa Optima III, Yashica & Rollei rangefinders etc

28mm 2.8, 70-300vr, 200mm f4, 50mm 1.4, 55mm 2.8 macro, 50mm 1.8, 16mm 2.8, 70-210 f4 macro, Lensbaby, Helios 44 f2, 90mm macro, etc

Offline Jasii

• Trusted Member
  • Hero
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2014, 11:55:51 PM »
Thank you Ayaz, will keep the updates and the pics flowing......
Cheers!

Offline Madhav Bhakta

• Hero
  • I love to see things from Viewfinder
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2014, 12:04:30 PM »
Have fun and click lots of pictures.

All the best.  :like: :like: :like: :like:
Canon 7D, Canon 100mm f2.8 USM Macro, Tamron 17-50mm f2.8, Canon 55-250mm IS, Vivitar 28mm f2.8, Opteka 6.5mm f3.5 Fisheye Lens, Raynox DCR 250, Benro 1980F, Fancierstudio 6664 Ballhead, 4 Way Macro Rail.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/m_bhakt/

Offline minakshisur

• Manic
  • Learning is never ending process
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2014, 12:06:43 PM »
Wow..........grt..........waiting for loads of pics and nice write up............. Happy Journey.......... :like: :like: :like:

Offline Hot Shoe

• Hero
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2014, 07:14:25 PM »
All the best Jasii & your team.  :like:

Have a great time and come back with your SD cards full of stories !!   :)
Nikon D7000   /// Nikkor 35mm 1.8G  50mm 1.8D   55-300mm  // Tamron 17-50 f2.8  90mm f2.8 Macro  // Sigma 10-20mm f4-5.6  /// Yongnuo 460 II  560 III  /// Vanguard Alta Pro 263AT // Rollei Pro BH611

Offline raj_52

• Rookie
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2014, 10:07:11 PM »
 :like:

Offline gautam023

• Trusted Member
  • Manic
  • Learning to fly
    • 500px
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2014, 10:35:55 PM »
Great going Jassiji. Wish you the very best of shooting weather and a safe trip.
"Tezi gaadi mein nahi, chalanewale mein hoti hai"

500 px  |  Flickr

Offline Fake ID

• Trusted Member
  • Hero
  • Photographers Club Of India
    • Photographers Club of India
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2014, 10:22:50 AM »
Waiting for the Pics :)

and offcourse some spiced up RUM too :D

Canon Gear 5D Mark III,Lens : 24-105 f/4 L IS USM, 70-200 f/2.8 L IS II USM, 16-35mm f/4 IS USM,Extender 2x III, Elinchrom 400 FXR, Speedlite 600 EX- RT,Continous Lights, Backdrops, monopad with Manfrotto MHXPRO3W X-PRO 3-Way Head etc.
Website: www.photographersclubofindia.com - (By Invitation Only)

Offline PixelHunter

• Trusted Member
  • Hero
  • Learning something new everyday..
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2014, 11:11:26 AM »
While you guys are enjoying at Ladakh, I am deriving YTM of bonds and calculating forex derivatives sitting at a classroom in Pune :'(  Best of luck and yes, do post photos..
"The best camera is the one that's with you" Chase Jarvis

Offline kaushik_s

• Loyalist
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2014, 12:35:24 PM »
Where are you guys? No updates yet?? Hope everything going on fine..
Painting with Light and Shadow..
https://www.facebook.com/PhotographyByKaushik

Offline yndesai

• Global Moderator
  • Hero
  • ShadowGraphy
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2014, 10:46:54 AM »
While you guys are enjoying at Ladakh, I am deriving YTM of bonds and calculating forex derivatives sitting at a classroom in Pune :'(  Best of luck and yes, do post photos..

Invest some of your money in bonds and derivatives to create some interset
else you would only be bored.

Coming to topic I am waiting eagerly for some starking images from Ladakh. Hope
our friends are keeping well.
http://yndpics.blogspot.com

Best accessory of camera is 3" behind it,
And mine needs an upgrade. . . ;)

Offline Jasii

• Trusted Member
  • Hero
« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2014, 04:44:50 PM »
Just reached Manali, and boy, oh Boy! The keyboard does feel good ;). We are all fine and in good spirits, The trip was fantastic and so were the team members. Enough memories to keep me kicking for the next 12 months. :P

Shall be heading homewards tomorrow and shall touch bast tomorrow night. Till than ' adios' guys and thank you for all your warm wishes.

Ps. The spiced Rum drove the AMS away :D

Cheers!

Offline theqca

• Hero
    • Framed For Life
« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2014, 09:14:40 PM »
Welcome back :)

Look forward to loads of photos and a write up about the trip!!
Nikon FM(black), Nikon FG, Nikon D700, Nikon FM(silver), Nikon FM10, Pentax Spotmatic, Zenith TTL, Minox Wetzlar, Agfa Optima III, Yashica & Rollei rangefinders etc

28mm 2.8, 70-300vr, 200mm f4, 50mm 1.4, 55mm 2.8 macro, 50mm 1.8, 16mm 2.8, 70-210 f4 macro, Lensbaby, Helios 44 f2, 90mm macro, etc

Offline yndesai

• Global Moderator
  • Hero
  • ShadowGraphy
« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2014, 06:50:43 AM »
Cheers. . .
http://yndpics.blogspot.com

Best accessory of camera is 3" behind it,
And mine needs an upgrade. . . ;)